Thursday, May 17, 2012

Shapely Sprouts

Since we are learning about gardens I figured we should make some flowers. So why not make some flowers out of shapes? I had cut out a bunch of shapes from different colored construction paper beforehand. For petals I used triangles and half circles. Circles for the center of the flower. Long rectangles for the stems and ovals and rectangles for leaves.

Belle did really good gluing and figuring out where each shape should go to make a flower, after a little guidance of course. She needs no help on gluing anymore so I think now we will move on to working with scissors.



I had originally planned on making two seperate flowers, one with the triangle petals and one with the half circle petals. Belle decided after one, she didn't want to finish the second flower.

Belles shapely flowers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some comment love!!! I love hearing what you have to say!