Saturday, March 3, 2012

Fish Bowl!

To finish off Dr. Seuss week we ended with Belle’s favorite Dr. Seuss book One, Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish. I knew I wanted to do something with this book but I had a hard time trying to figure something out. I finally decided on how we were going to make our fish.

Supplies: Red and blue paint, paint brushes, fish bowl template,
brown construction paper (sand), googly eyes, glue, and
black marker.

I drew a fish bowl onto white construction paper. I then painted Belle's hand blue and had her press her hand on the fish bowl. Once that hand was washed we did the same with the other hand and with red paint.


Once our hand prints were dry we added eyes, some bubbles, and fins to each fish. I also had cut out some brown construction paper for the sand. I had cut out plants from green construction paper as well but when we thought about gluing them on, they would have covered our fish so we nixed it.



 
I think our fish came out pretty stinkin cute!



Next week we are off to the zoo and a new sensory tub!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some comment love!!! I love hearing what you have to say!