Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Cat in the Hat

Belle and I started out Dr. Seuss week with the Cat in the Hat.


Our first craft was to make a Cat in the Hat hat. I knew I wanted to make the hat but I wasn’t sure how we were going to do it. Do we practice gluing by gluing on white stripes to a red hat or do we paint on red stripes to a white hat? I asked Belle what she wanted to do paint or glue? She said glue, even though she changed her mind right before we started. I cut out a Cat in the Hat hat from red construction paper and cut up some stripes from white construction paper.



I gave Belle the glue stick and let her go to town. I either didn’t make a big enough hat or the stripes to big as we ended up with only 3 stripes. Belle is doing really well with the glue stick, her only issue is she doesn’t press down hard enough so she doesn’t get enough glue on the paper. I let her do it and then her and I go over it pressing down a bit harder.


Belle was excited for her Cat in the Hat hat.


We also started another Cat in the Hat craft but it’s not finished yet. We had to wait for the paint to dry. We will finish that tonight and make some Truffula trees from The Lorax tonight as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some comment love!!! I love hearing what you have to say!