Thursday, May 9, 2013

Painting the Driveway

We finally have beautiful weather here. We have been spending as much time outside as we can. Last week we went down to the waterfront and walked around looking at the ships at the Naval Museum. On Friday after preschool we took a ride to Niagara Falls and walked around there taking in the beautiful weather and sites. We spent the weekend at home enjoying the weather.
 
On Sunday I made Belle some sidewalk paint. I made some last year and Belle loved it. She loves painting and when it’s nice out we take our crafts outside as much as we can. But this time I decided to paint the driveway.

 

 
Sidewalk paint is super easy to make. All you need is cornstarch, food coloring, and water. I use a muffin tin to put our paints in and we use big brushes to paint on the driveway. I mix up the cornstarch and food coloring in the house and add the water once outside. I used neon, pastel, and regular food coloring this time so we had a variety of colors. They came out so vibrant against our blacktop driveway.  





 
Our driveway is full of bright colors and will wash away when the rain comes that they are calling for. We only managed to do this once last year but I am hoping and planning on doing this more this summer. And I have already added this to the plans for Belle’s friend birthday party we are having at the end of August.

1 comment:

  1. LOVE this! We are definitely going to try this. I wish we had a blacktop driveway though.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some comment love!!! I love hearing what you have to say!