Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Better Late than Never, Christmas 2011

I really had all intentions on posting about Christmas. And then The Hubs got the flu two days after Christmas. He still claims he is sick. Is there anything worse than the man flu. Seriously? Any ways, we had a really nice Christmas. Santa spoiled our little girl like crazy. As well did mommy and daddy and both grandma’s.
 
Belle throwing the reindeer food on our lawn.

On Christmas Eve we tracked Santa all day. We threw the reindeer food we made on our front lawn for all of Santa’s reindeer. We went to Christmas Eve mass with my family and had a nice dinner with family and friends. We put together the furniture that Belle got while she was napping on Christmas Eve and hid it all in her playroom. We weren’t going to be home for the rest of the day and evening once she got up from nap so it wasn’t a big deal.

Right before bed on Christmas Eve.

Can I say playing Santa for your child is such a fun experience. I couldn’t wait to carefully lay out all the gifts under the tree and place all her new toys next to it. I couldn’t wait to see her face in the morning when she toddled out into the living room. Unfortunately Belle was more concerned if Santa ate his cookies and drank his milk than the gifts. Once she checked out the plate and we convinced her that Santa did not need more milk she went and checked out her gifts.

 
Checking out Santa's cookie plate.

Finally seeing all the new gifts.

 

Belle didn’t have much of an interest in opening gifts and is basically took her all afternoon and evening to open her gifts at grandma’s but we got through it and she loves all of her new stuff. When I say she was spoiled I mean her new playroom is full to capacity along with our garage with all of her new outdoor toys.

 

It was a nice quiet low key Christmas this year and I think it was my favorite yet. We stayed home for a good portion of the day. We let Belle nap at home and then headed to my mom’s when Belle took her time opening her gifts. We ate my families traditional ham dinner and just relaxed.


I am sad Christmas is over, but am looking forward to this new year and all the things our family has planned. It is sure to be a great year for us! And as every year Christmas will come again.


 
Belle's first bike, Rapunzel! and dress up clothes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some comment love!!! I love hearing what you have to say!