Friday, December 23, 2011

Christmas Eve Eve

For the past 2 months I have been shopping, planning, and get crazy with all the Christmas fun. I started me shopping lists and my shopping in November. I knew what we were getting Belle and slowly getting ideas for the family.

We took Belle to Christmas parties and her and I did some fun Christmas crafts (thank you Pinterest for making me even more crazy). My department at work for the first time since I have been there decided to let us decorate our areas and have a decorating contest. We may have gone overboard, but we won.

I made cookies, we searched for the perfect tree. I decorated the whole house inside and out. I made candy cane play dough for Belle’s classmates. We gained a new member of our family, an Elf named Henry. We watched Christmas specials, took a ride to look at lights and I finished my wrapping. Belle and I made reindeer food for the reindeer last night. I even made dyed rice to go with Belle’s water table she is getting from grandma.

It is Christmas Eve Eve and all I have left is to pick up a couple more things for The Hubs stocking. Well, and put together the table and chair set and the easel that Santa and ourselves are giving Belle.

I am ready for Christmas. I am ready to go to Christmas Eve mass for the first time since I started this job. I am ready to spend Christmas Eve at my mom’s house with good friends and good food. I am ready to sprinkle the reindeer food on our green grass because after last year Mother Nature is giving us a small break from the snow. I am ready to place every single gift under our beautiful tree. I am ready to lay out cookies and milk for Santa. I cannot wait to see Belle’s face on Christmas morning. I am ready to spend the afternoon relaxing and taking in the day.

I am ready for one of the most blessed and magical days of the year. Almost there….

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some comment love!!! I love hearing what you have to say!