Thursday, August 18, 2011

Our County Fair

This past Sunday we went to our county fair. Now we are really lucky that our county fair is huge and more like a state fair. I am not positive if it is true anymore but we at one point had the largest county fair in the country. And fair food, is the best.

So Sunday morning we dragged ourselves out of bed (it was a late night the night before; Family Picnic). And then it happened, thunder and down pour of rain. The Hubs and his expert obsessive weather watching abilities got on his iPhone and pulled up the Doppler. Nothing was behind the storm that was quickly going through. By the time we got to the fair it was barely raining.




With the rain here and there it actually turned out to be not a bad day. The weather kept a lot of people away so it was virtually empty and it only sprinkled here and there. Belle was able to get up pretty close to the animals and got to ride some rides with barely any lines. By the afternoon the sun came out and it warmed up quickly.

Belle got to see some baby pigs and newborn baby cow that was born last week Thursday at the fair. My little girly girl said the pigs were stinky and plugged her nose. Every time she heard or saw a cow she would call out “moo” to it. And well, called them Moo’s. Too cute! She tried to say cock-a-doodle-doo to the roosters. She basically had a ball with all of the animals.




Belle is still too short to go on a lot of rides, and most of them she had to go on with an adult which you then had to have double to tickets. But there were a couple she could go on by herself and the awesome double carousel let me go on with her without charging me tickets. Lucky for us she loves the carousel. Her last ride was on a little fire truck ride that she was able to ride by herself. Since she was the only one on and only two kids in line who ended up not going on, Belle got an extra free ride. I believe it is because she is the cutest kid in the world. I am only a little biased.




I already miss the fair, which is crazy since it is not over until Sunday and cannot wait to go back next year. I am sad that this summer tradition is over for our family as well. Since I was a kid the fair has always marked the end of summer. In just a couple of weeks it will be September, kids will be going back to school and as much as we don’t want to admit it, the weather is going to change. Fall clothes will be hanging in the closets, jackets will start to make their appearance again, and well everything pumpkin will be offered again.




I LOVE Fall. It is by far my favorite season. But for some reason this year I am really sad as it is quickly approaching. This summer flew by. Literally in a blink of an eye is was over. I cannot wait for everything that is coming up in the next month, but so sad that summer is quickly coming to an end.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some comment love!!! I love hearing what you have to say!