Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Our First Weekend

This weekend will be my first weekend away from Belle. In Belle's short 20 months she has only spent one night away from us. But we were at home so if she really needed us we could be there in a matter of 15 minutes. This time we will be six hours away. Six hours and in a completely different state. I have been pretty good with all of this. It was something we had to do if we wanted to go this wedding, which we do.

The wedding is on Sunday afternoon. But since it is six hours away we are leaving on Saturday and won't be coming home until Monday. The only bad part out of this whole weekend is that The Hubs won't be with Belle on Father's Day. He won't get to see her at all. So we are going to do Father's Day when we get back, probably something low key.

The Hubs and I then got the bright idea to do Hershey Park on Saturday. We couldn't get a room at the hotel we are staying at for the wedding on Saturday and Hershey is only a half hour from the wedding. So on Saturday we will do Hershey Park. I have never been so I am kinda excited for it. Well, we are either doing Hershey Park or the factory not sure yet.

Like I said I was doing really well with this, and I think it was more the fact that I wasn't thinking about it and kept thinking it was weeks away. Then yesterday when Belle and I were snuggling on the couch I realized we won't get to do this at all next weekend. I look forward to spending my entire weekends with Belle all week long, and now this coming weekend I will barely see her at all. I pushed the thought out of my head and wouldn't let myself think about it. I can't dwell on that.

I am excited to go. The Hubs and I have wanted to go to Hershey since before we were married. We are really excited for this wedding and The Hubs gets to see friends he doesn't see often or hasn't seen in a while. It will be a good weekend and I now Belle will do great with Grandma, but I am going to miss her so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some comment love!!! I love hearing what you have to say!