Monday, January 31, 2011

Belle's First Hair Cut

We finally did it. We broke down and took Belle for her first hair cut. It needed to be done. It always looked like a mess and it was hanging in her eyes. I really really did not want her to have bangs. But figured the hair dresser would be able to work with us.


The Hubs decided that we were going to take her to Supercuts. I would have been happy taking her to the salon that I go to. But I went along with The Hubs. So on Saturday afternoon we loaded Belle into the car and we headed to the Supercuts near us. We were lucky enough that there were only three other people already having their hair done when we got there. I was happy to see a hair dresser sitting there with nothing to do. And then we started talking to her. Sirens should have gone off then. The Hubs told her that we were having Belle's first hair cut and he was having his done as well. Just a nod and an ok from her. Oh great.

We decided to have Belle go first. The Hubs sat in the chair and held Belle. They at least had a kiddie smock to put on her. The hair dresser then asked what I wanted her to do. I told her the back is fine. We would like to keep the length there. I also told her that I don't really want bangs. She said ok and then went on about just doing a trim.



Belle of course was not happy. A stranger was all to close to her. She cried for a bit but by the time the hair dresser started cutting her hair she was fine. I didn't take as many pictures as I would have liked. But Belle did really well. The hair dresser at least remember to keep some of the hair for the certificate they give you.





Within a couple of minutes it was done. I wasn't sure at the time if I liked it. She had bangs and they were uneven. I noticed it immediately how uneven they were. But I didn't say anything. To even them out she would have had to make the bangs even shorter.



Sunday morning when I got her up in the morning I looked at the haircut and I hated it. It looked horrible. Through out the day it had grown on me. But I still hate it. We should have taken out time and found someone who does childrens hair or gone to someone we trust.

But it's done and there is nothing we can do about it now. It's only hair and it will grow back. Hopefully it will work out that we can get her hair trimmed at the Barber Shop in Disney.

Oh, and finally a new post over at my Vacation Home; Raising A Disney Princess. I am super excited over there today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some comment love!!! I love hearing what you have to say!