Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Way Back Wednesday - Dancing




This week is to share your memories from a team or club you were on. I danced from the age of 3 until I was 19. I loved every minute of it and miss is terribly. I will never forget the experiences that I have had with dance. I have been to NYC 3 times for competition taking Platinum twice our first year there. We were also invited to Disney to perfrom in the Magic Kingdom. I don't have one specific memory more like a collection of them. They all blend into one but none the less all amazing memories.

I have a ton of pictures from dance recitals, competitions, NYC, Disney but sadly that was before the age of digital and I have no scanner.

There were a couple of years that I spent 3 or 4 nights a week at the center. I would go in early before class. I had so many trophies, and medals, and ribbons. I was so proud of all of them. I am so thankful to my parents for letting me dance all those years. Take all the classes that I did. Go to NYC 3 times and to Disney. Plus all the competitions in between. I will never forget all the many many memories I made.

I remember the first year I went to NYC one of our classes was conducted by a guy. I never thought anything of him until a few weeks after getting home I learned that he taught Britney Spears when she was younger. Now before you laugh, this was a BIG deal then. This was when she first came out and was huge.

I can not wait for when Belle is old enough to start dance. She will go to the same studio that I did and probably have some of the same teachers that I did, or have teachers that I use to dance with. I am excited for that day.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, that sounds really cool! I wish I had done dance!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You danced competitively? Me too! Do you watch SYTYCD? Love that show! I danced with Jakob Karr who was on last season. I miss it too! I always wish I could do it again. I feel the same way in wanting to put Rylie in dance but a small part of me is scared she won't like it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, how cool, not many people stick with anything for that long, that is great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Torie I haven't watched SYTYCD since I was on bed rest. I watched the season Jeanne won. She was my favorite and I was so happy she won.

    I feel the same way about putting Belle in dance. I am so afraid that she is going to hate it and quit after a few years.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some comment love!!! I love hearing what you have to say!