Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Good Bye Summer

It’s sad to know that summer is unofficially over with Labor Day now in our rearview mirrors. This summer went too quickly. Normally by now I am welcoming autumn with open arms. Sweaters and jeans, scarves and hoodies, pumpkins and pretty leaves, and let’s not forget about Apple Cider and Pumpkin Spice Latte’s. Which of course all of these make me smile, but it is with a heavy heart that I say good bye to summer this year. It just went too quickly to feel like I enjoyed it. We did so much, but I still feel like we didn’t do nearly enough.



This past weekend we went to the annual Labor Day Fair and did our annual walk around and say goodbye to summer. Belle was able to ride some rides and of course all she wanted to ride was the carousel. Since summer was so busy I never did write about our Fourth of July or all the small carnivals we go to. So here are some pictures of my big girl enjoying the rides this year.



I think we rode the carousel about 4 or 5 times on Saturday. We already know which is going to be her favorite ride in Disney. So much for Dumbo, but thank God for three days in the Magic Kingdom for her to be able to ride it as many times as she likes. I have a pretty good feeling that when mommy and daddy go on Space Mountain Grandma and Belle will be on the Carousel. And well when daddy goes on his rides you know where you can find us.



We spent the rest of our last summer weekend just relaxing around the house. Belle got to play outside and we went to the playground for a bit. Belle had her two year pictures done (will post those soon). And I think we went for our last ice cream of the summer as well. On Saturday it was in the 90’s. We were sweating at the fair. Yesterday it was in the 60’s and just cold and rainy. Today is cold again. While it is going to get back in to the 70’s this week, I think our days of 80’s and 90’s are done. It’s time to embrace the fall. And well, the fall can’t be all that bad, we leave for Disney in just a few weeks. The Magic Kingdom will be decorated in all of its fall glory, and Belle will get to go trick or treating in her Halloween costume while we are there. I am pretty positive that in the next week or so I will come around to fall and love it like I do every year.

Good bye summer, we will miss you until next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some comment love!!! I love hearing what you have to say!