Monday, May 17, 2010

Just Another Manic Monday

So the weekend is over and I don't know where it went. Was it even here? Saturday Patrick cut the grass and even weed wacked the entire back yard, the sides of the house and some of the front. The extension cord didn't reach the entire front. Belle was extremely cuddly so her and I cuddled on the couch for most of the morning. She did really well with napping in her crib again. I didn't do much of anything during the day on Saturday.

My brother invited us over Saturday night for pizza and wings. So we brought Cranium over and played that. Umm...one of the longest games ever! But it was actually a lot of fun. I learned that we suck and drawing and humming. And sherades haha we won't even go there. Belle woke up while we were there and that was the end of the game. She wanted to go home. So we packed everything up and headed home right away.

Belle actually slept in past 8. Can you believe it?? Considering that she was up at 6:30 on Saturday. Remind me to that JD for that one. Sunday ended up being a busy day. We were only going to clean the kitchen, I ended up cleaning most of the living room. Our kitchen is small with very little cupboards and the worse set up you could ever imagine. We have a tiny table in the kitchen that we never use. We have a nook in the living room that we use as a dining room. So the table was holding a lot of stuff that we just never tried to fit into the small cupboards. Patrick did a great job of finding places for everything. Eventually we are going to get rid of the table and buy a butchers block or something with more storage. Considering we really don't even have a place for all of Belle's bottles.

So then it was my turn. We have horrible grained white tile in our kitchen. I would like to meet the jerk that put this flooring in. It is the worst floor for a kitchen. Seriously. So to get this floor clean I grabed my trusty bottle of Kaboom and my scrub brush...yes scrub brush and cleaned each tile individually. I think I was in there for almost 2 hours. My hands was soooo red when I was done. But it looks better thankfully. When we buy a house it can not have groved tile!

I washed all the curtains from the kitchen and living room. I can't believe how dusty they were but they look great.

Now that all the rooms have gotten the deep spring cleaning we can now focus on the outside and hopefully begin to spend these nice weekends outside and not inside.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, stopping by from the d-listed blog party. Nice to meet you. LOVE the pictures of your little girl. Aren't girls great! I have a 2yo girl and 1yo boy.

    Sounds like you had a fun weekend. Good for you on even cleaning those curtains. I haven't done that in a while.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some comment love!!! I love hearing what you have to say!